Monday, June 30, 2008

Mustang Playday

We attended the mustang playday at mustang-spirit. It was so much fun. My two gelding did very well. Although my yearlings said jumps, what, thats to much work but I will walk over them. There were clumsy walking over the jumps but they didnt knock any poles down. They are doing so good and I'm so proud of them and myself. We got first and second in halter for the boys class. Cupid was second in the liberty class, and second in trail. Thats pretty good I think for only 6 weeks into the training. Of course I'm no professional so 6 weeks might seem like I didnt do much in a professionals eyes, but I'm learning. But I think it paid off to have them at the playday yestery because today I walked right up behind Cupid for the first time without him spinning around to smell me first. Thats really good for him because he's always nervous when you go into the pen to get him but he's much better today. We only have about another 6 weeks to get things together and prepare our freestyle just in case we do end up in the top. :)

No comments: