Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Catching up.

I was starting to wonder if I would ever catch up to all you folks who can touch their yearlings! LOL Well I may not be all the way there but Sera has made a lot of progress.

We had gone to Angis on the 13th and she got wrapped up in a rope sat morning and haltered before we headed for Lifesavers. I wrapped her up again there... and took the halter off. Then I broought her home a few days and wrapped her up... went back to Lifesavers and Marty wrapped her up, haltered her and I led her around the round pen and arena. We came home and I wrapped her up AGAIN.. and visited her at all hours of the night checking on a almost due to foal mare.

She got used to me walking around her to check on Delite, but did not want me to touch her. I loaded her back up this morning and went back to Lifesavers, haltered in the trailer and led her all the way to the covered round pen YEA!! I took the halter off and let her rest. After lunch I got some advice from Angi (more like step by step instructions ;D and got her haltered again and out into the arena, but I think I bored Sera just leading her around and petting her head. So we walked on the tarp and looked at the SMALL ball.

I left her rest in a green pen for awhile then went to catch her. Halter went on and she led really well right up the alleys and into the trailer. I have run or pointed and herded her into the trailer SO many times she just walked right in now!

For those of you worried I am going to pass you... I can not touch her past her neck yet!

I kept thinking WOW she is so strong and unafraid of everything but me, she must be just like Symphony but not loving me like Sym did from the moment we met. But Angi says nope.. she is more like Freedom. She isn't really afraid she just doesn't think she needs you, and that's true.

She'll sniff me and follows me at feed time, but other then that she sees no practical use for me what so ever!

I have no idea what to do as a special talent/freestyle other then she can stretch out farther then any horse I've ever seen!

No comments: