Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moving right along..

Horse torture was the word of the day ;D

I loaded up Sera and took her to our local mustang club play day. This time it was held at Mustang-Spirit in Pinion Hills. We saw two of the other Challenge Yearlings and they are doing GREAT!

I was wondering how Sera so new to leading would do in a new place, with a bunch of people and activity. I had planned on just walking around a bit at most. She was doing so much better then I anticipated. She was a little nervous and decided that I was her safe zone, even though I asked her to do some tough things.



Cupid & Liberty


She got second place in halter. She walked, trotted, and backed pretty well for being so new to wearing a halter. We tried out the liberty class where I had to ask her to work away from me.. then the follow me class where I asked her to follow me. (lol I think the order of it confused her, but she let me put her halter back on both times with just a little bit of backing up.) We did the trail course as well but just walked around trying a few of the obstacles. She stood tied at the trailer for lunch (first time she has been tied) I used a tie blocker but she didn't really test it at all. She is pretty good about not blowing out of my hands so I am not surprised that she did so well.

Sera tied for the first time

Our little trip also made me want to be able to fly spray her, as trailers seem to be fly magnets at events like this. (fresh poo, wet pee, and shade.. oh yea! they LOVE it!!) I felt bad to put her back in with so many flies and no protection. So when we got home we tried the hose to see what she thought of it, and she was OK with her front legs, left side and played with the hose with her mouth, right side was not so happy.. still once she dried a bit I was able to fly spray her front legs, chest, both shoulders, and her left side and belly.

That sounded like more then enough torture for one day so she got an early dinner and fresh water in her pool.


Sera with Beth (she is going to be a really nice mare)

No comments: