Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More the Merrier

We have some other trainers signed up to post, and more that have been invited! I am eager to see pictures and stories of the other babies.

Sera is doing well, she is calmer and able to look at me when she is out in the big yard with Symphony. I tried putting her back in the small yard Sunday, and she couldn't stand still. She was nervous and circled at a trot or lope, pausing only occasionally. In the big yard she has room to move away and does at a walk. She also doesn't go far as she wants to stay near Symphony. So in the big yard she will walk in a circle stopping to look at me and I retreat.. Soon she is drawing towards me.

It still takes a bit before she will turn and look at me that first time on Monday and Tuesday, but she is a much calmer less reactive filly in the bigger space. She likes to hang out near Dandys stall, (our week old colt.) He wants to play but Hayden (his mom) makes sure that Sera knows she is not allowed to touch him.

Symphony is letting Sera eat with her a bit but still moves her away if she crowds into her... and if mom is available for scratching itchy spots. :D

No comments: