Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posts

But I have been up many nights waiting for this......

Perfect Delite (Deedee)
Dun It Perfect (APHA) X
Foundations Delite (AQHA/FQHA)

She was due July 8th, and finally arrived July 26th at 3pm.

But before she arrived I got this..





Tryst of Fate

Eyes A Dun Dee (APHA)
x Symphony Solstice (AMBA)

Yes my beloved Twin Peaker decided she wanted to be a mom even if I didn't think she should.

She managed it last year while we were rushing around a few weeks before the EMM.

Symphony and I celebrated our 6th Adoptaversary on June 23rd. She captured a chunk of my heart when she chose me at the adoption. I left but she haunted my dreams, so I went back the next day and adopted her.

Both mares decided to foal in daylight, with half the neighborhood watching while I was down the hill at the ETI Nationals.

Tryst arrived about 8:30am and many phone calls went out to have people check up on mom and the little one. Just as we were settling down over Tryst I got another call that Delite had also delivered at about 3pm.

Needless to say we are not disappointed by our fillies, but they will probably be the last foals I have. (I haven't had one since 1987)

Between the daytime temps and the long nights of watching foal cams Sera has been a bit neglected, but we are back at work and she is doing well.










Here are the girls at 3 days.

We got 3 blue eyes, 4 tall white socks, 2 almost completely bald faces, one is saucy, and the other is sweet!

No comments: